Save some Critters!
Learn how you can help injured wildlife – Saturday, 28 September, 2019, 1 – 3 pm at the new Cook Forest State Park office, 100 Route 36, Cooksburg, PA 16217. Join a retired wild animal rehabilitator for information and instruction on becoming a volunteer wildlife courier – learn about:
- the mission and goals of WIN Emergency Response of PA, Inc.
- PA Regulations
- possible dangers to you and to wildlife
- safe practices and common sense
- how to assist a Capture and Transport (C & T) Permittee
- how to safely transport an animal
- what equipment you’ll need to help save injured animals
WIN (Wildlife in Need) Emergency Response of PA is fulfilling a desperate need by dispatching a network of trained volunteers to make sure injured animals are delivered to PA-registered wildlife rehabilitators, quickly and safely. To expand its volunteer base, WIN is partnering with the Cook Forest Conservancy to train transport responders in and around Cook Forest State Park. Those interested in the next level – wildlife capture – can find out more at this session.
The seminar is $25 per person, and requires pre-registration to ensure we meet the five-person attendance minimum. Please contact Sue DeArment, WIN Director, by 24 Sept via 814-425-7731 or sdearment @ windstream.net (remove spaces). Thank you for making Pennsylvania a better place for wildlife!